Medi Garden Resort located in the town centre of Alba Adriatica in the region of Abruzzo, overlooking the Adriatic Sea and not too much close to the chaotic promenade, immersed in the palm gloves is ready to welcome you in a relaxing and stimulating atmosphere.
The nature reserve Gole del Salinello is a protective natural area located in the province of Teramo, in Abruzzo protecting the habitat of the gorges created by the Salinello river. This reserve is situated in the area of Gran Sasso and Monti della Laga National Park. The Gole del Salinello ('Salinello Gorges') are a long and deep canyon created between the Mounts Girella and Foltrone.Details
It is possible to walk up and down their sides using canyoning equipment (double ropes). Full of history and nature, this place offers a wide variety of itineraries. This sheet shows two options: the excursion in the gorges with guided tour to the hermitage and an itinerary to Manfrino Castle. You choose.
Between art and nature, the landscape of the hills around Atri catches your attention thanks to the presence of Calanchi, true 'nature sculptures' originating from the millennial erosion of the clay soil. The landscape has the same colours of Dante Alighieri Pits of Hell as it becomes very hostile, similar to the moonwalk and it is dominated by the imposing architecture of these geological formations. Impressive natural architectures also known as 'Pits of Hell by Dante' or 'scrimoni'. Though it is a very common phenomenon in the Adriatic area, the calanchi reach a huge dimension only in the area of Atri.Details
The protected area extends for 380 hectares over a hilly landscape from 100 to 500 meters above sea level, from the valley floor of the Piomba stream to Colle della Giustizia. The Reserve, which can be visited freely along the marked trails, which start from Colle della Giustizia, where the Visitor Center is located, has a panoramic cycle path for the delight of lovers of trekking, endurance and mountain biking. During the summer, a rich excursion program is organized, culminating in suggestive night walks during the full moon ("The Moon and the Badlands").
The area of Marina della Torre del Cerrano is a protected body of water between the sky and the waters. This protected area delimitates kilometres of coast in the area of Teramo, between the towns of Pineto and Silvi together with a network of underwater oasis where studies on the protection and repopulation of the local marine ecosystem have been carried out over the years. The name 'Torre del Cerrano' contains the symbols of the history and identity of this area.Details
Cerrano, the stream that descends from the hills of Atri - where the splendid badlands are located, another protected area - and flows into the marina of Silvi, and the Tower, built in 1568 by the Spaniards, a bulwark against Saracen pirates. The fortress overlooks the dunes, completely restored and home to the Marine Biology Center, two kilometers from the center of Pineto. The Tower of Cerrano is one of the ancient coastal towers of the Kingdom of Naples and still stands out clearly on the horizon on a small hill close to the beach, surrounded by a tuft of tall maritime pines, in an environment of rare beauty. It was built in the 16th century when the threat of raids by the Saracens increased. It was the Viceroy Don Pedro Perafan de Ribera, Duke of Alcalà, who decided that the Abruzzo coast, like other coasts of the peninsula, had to have a system of coastal towers, built at such a distance as to be able to communicate in sight between them, destined not to only to give the alarm in case of enemy raids but, being equipped with garrison and culverins, also to repel such raids. The original 16th century building, which forms the core of the current complex, is made up of a massive tower with a square base in brick, at the base the external side is 12.80 meters while the internal one is 5.80 meters. The walls have decreasing thickness and therefore are inclined in a pyramid, each is crowned by four robust corbels and three machicolations surmounted by six Guelph battlements. The height is 12.60 meters  excluding the 90 centimeters  of the battlements. The ceilings are barrel-vaulted. The typology is typical of the Viceregno coastal towers, very similar to the "twin" Torre del Salinello. At the beginning of the last century the tower was purchased by a naval officer, Pasquale Filiani who, in 1915  had it restored and made habitable; In 1981 the tower was purchased by the Provincial Administration of Teramo which, after having carried out restructuring and consolidation works, in 1983 established a Research and Studies Center there; on May 21, 1983 the complex was entrusted to the Experimental Zooprophylactic Institute of Teramo .
Defined as 'La città dalle cento torri ('the town of a hundred towers') stands out for its towers, peaks, cupolas and buildings located in a valley created from the rivers Tronto and Castellano. Its houses, noble palaces, churches, pavements of the squares are all built with travertine giving this town an extraordinary unity of style, elegance, austerity and brightness as this material creates enchanting colour contrasts with the blue of the sky and the surrounding green. 'Piazza del Popolo' is one of the most beautiful squares in Italy. People from Ascoli Piceno considers it as a lounge, a meeting point for an appetizer, for summer shows and for a relaxing walk. This town also houses the 'Quintana tournament' and the famous 'Palio di Ascoli'.Details
Piazza del Popolo houses the buildings that represented the main powers: the political one with the Palazzo dei Capitani del Popolo, the religious one with the Church of San Francesco and the commercial one with the Loggia dei Mercanti. A further note of charm is given by the historic Caffè Meletti, which inaugurated in 1907, is worth a visit both to taste its famous Anisetta Meletti, its pastry and the renowned Olive all'ascolana, and to admire its original furnishings in pure style. Liberty.
It is a very famous seaside resort located on the coast of the Piceni. It stands out for its waterfront full of palm trees and for its sandy beaches. It has lots of tourist accommodation, bathing establishments, public areas and villas built in Liberty style immersed in the greenery. The late medieval old town is on an evocative hill.Details
The sanctuary of San Gabriele dell'Addolorata is one of the most visited sacred places in Italy. Built in the thirteenth century after the visit of San Francesco, it was designed and conceived as a 'monument of peace'. The sanctuary is part of the sacred triangle, together with the sanctuaries of Loreto and Porto Rotondo. Every year it is visited by millions of pilgrims from all over Italy and Europe. The natural setting of the Gran Sasso mountains is the ideal landscape for reflection and prayer. Sick people go on pilgrimage there to get closer to the places where the holy miracle worker Gabriele dell'Addolorata lived and to find relief by admiring the natural landscape surrounding the sanctuary.Details
La vita del Santo
San Gabriele lived in the nineteenth century by a noble family from Perugia, who baptized him Francesco. It was St. Francis himself who inspired his journey of faith and his life, when in 1857 the road to the priesthood began. But shortly after he falls ill with tuberculosis, and greeting everyone he goes towards the light. His tomb is the site of continuous miracles and prodigies, and in 1920 he was proclaimed a saint. He is the Saint of miracles and of smiles, and his strength of spirit during the difficulties that life imposed on him remains an extraordinary example for young people of all generations.
Tent City - Youth Festival
The Sanctuary of San Gabriele dell’Addolorata is an important destination for young believers. One of the events for young people takes place in August, it is the Tent City-Youth Festival, a five-day gathering that attracts thousands of believers every year, who go to the sanctuary to pray and be together.
The Sanctuary in the network
The Sanctuary of San Gabriele dell'Addolorata has activated a complete website, where you can find all the information on the Saint and the Sanctuary, all the initiatives organized during the year and the description of the places of faith present in its territory, the 'address is www.sangabriele.org.
The emotions of the past come to life in the fortress-city of Civitella, certainly one of the most representative and evocative attractions of our area. The emblem of Civitella is the solemn Bourbon Fortress, the biggest masterpiece of military engineering in Europe with its 25,000 square meters of surface. Built by the Spaniards between 1564 and 1576 to fight against enemies, the Fortress was the last bastion of the Kingdom of Naples during the Risorgimento struggles for the unification of Italy. Enviable for its panoramic situation, it represents an unmissable attraction for its three splendid fortress squares, the ramparts and walkways and its indoor museum that still tells its story today.Details
The symbols of the fortress-city are also perfectly visible in the rest of the village, on the palaces and houses with sturdy walls in travertine, on the masterfully chiseled portals, in its evocative and mysterious streets, among which "Ruetta, d'Italia la via tighter ". And it is a difficult task to account for the many monuments that adorn the historic center of Civitella: from the sixteenth-century Church of San Lorenzo, with the crypt of Beata Angiolina di Corbara and the silver and copper cross of S. Ubaldo; to the Romanesque San Francesco, with the beautiful rose window and the valuable 15th century choir. A few meters away, the monument to the memory of the Irish hero Matteo Wade, commander of the fort when, in 1806, the stronghold of Civitella was placed under siege by the French. And again the Convent and the Church of Santa Chiara, built in the early decades of the 1300s, the Church of Santa Maria degli Angeli, also known as “della Scopa”, dated between the 15th and 16th centuries.HOW TO GET THERE - 31 km, 45 min